Planning and Design Bureau, (PDB) started in the year 1982 to provide comprehensive Consultancy Services on projects within and outside India. Through the years, professional approach towards each project dealt by the firm has proven PDB’s competence in handling a project, irrespective of its magnitude and complexity.
Attempt at strengthening PDB’s resources and widening its field of activities resulted in formation of sister concern Strucon Associates Pvt. Ltd. in 1987.
The firm has fully developed capabilities to provide professional services with respect to Structural design, Architectural planning & design including all services in fields pertaining to:
• Housing Projects, Institutions, Commercial Complexes, Multistoried Building Projects.
• Power Plants and Industrial Structures.
• Material Handling Plants.
• Deep underground structures, ducts and tunnels.
• Special structures such as various types of shell roofs & domes, Avalanche protection structures, snow galleries
• Roads, Bridges, Culverts and Cross Drainage Works.
• Tower shaped structures, viz., TV Tower, Microwave tower, Chimney etc.
• Water, Waste Water and Sewage Treatment Plant.
• Port and Harbor Structures.
• Project Management Services.
Planning & Design Bureau
Sister Concern - Strucon Associates Pvt. Ltd.
Associates Architect - UD84 Design Services Pvt. Ltd.
B. Tech. (Hons.) in Civil Engineering, I.I.T. Kharagpur M.Tech. (Struct.) from I.I.T. Kharagpur, 1965. M.I.Struct. E. (London). M.ACI
Started professional career in the design office of M/S Matthews and Mumby Ltd, a reputed consulting engineering firm in England. On return to India, worked with M/S Chowdhury and Gulzar Singh, a firm of architects and engineers from 1969 to 1972. Worked with M/S Mahendra Raj, Consulting engineer from 1973 to 1987. Has vast experience of designing high rise buildings, shell roof structures, temple structures, industrial structures etc.
B.Sc. (Engg.) , in Civil Engineering, B.I.T. Mesra, Ranchi M.Tech. (Struct) from I.I.T. Delhi M. IABSE, M. ASCE.
Started professional career in the design office of a leading Architectural firm, later changed over to the design office of Simplex Infrastructures Ltd (formerly Simplex Concrete Piles (India) Pvt. Ltd.) till 1984. Has vast experience of designing power plant structures, water retaining structures, deep underground structures, heavy foundations, high rise buildings, avalanche protection structures etc.